For those people with limited time or budget we now offer 1/2 day tours.
½ Day Tours.For those people with limited time or a limited budget, we now offer ½ day tours. Our ½ day Salt Flat tour lasts approximately 4 hrs and gives you the chance to experience this great white desert the best way, on a motorcycle. Riding out here really makes you feel alive. This tour can start at 9.00a.m. or at 1.00 p.m. When you come to our office, you will be kitted out in riding gear and found a suitable motorcycle. We head across town 3km, on dirt roads to the famous Train Cometary. Here we learn about its history and take some interesting photos. Back on the bikes riding 20km to the salt processing town of Colchani. Here we stop to give you a chance to be souvenirs. We now ride the causeway out on to the Salar and out to Playa Blanca, with the Dakar monument and the flags. From here we head out further in to find a clean place to take our Salar photos .Now it’s a steady ride back to our office where the tour ends. This tour is suitable for the average rider who holds a valid full motorcycle licence A great way to experience the magic of Uyuni Salt Lake on a motorcycle.
- Price $ 130 USD FOR 1 PERSON FOR PASSENGER ON BIKE $50 USD.
- Riding LEVEL AVERAGE, MOTORCYCLE LICENCE REQUIRED.
- Unforgettable ride on a motorcycle.
- January and February depends on weather conditions.
- Type route, ash felt, salt flat.
- Climate cold in winter.
- Suggestions, Comfortable clothes-Extra money-sun glasses -camera and sun block. Bikes to choose from: Honda XR400 c.c. Honda Falcon NX 400 c.c. Suzuki DR650c.c.
½ Day Off Road TourThis tour is only for experienced off road riders. We take our bikes up into the beautiful mountains that surround Uyuni. We will be riding narrow, twisty sand tracks and dry rocky river beds. Lots of fun, but not for the inexperienced rider. The bikes we ride are Honda XR 400, kick starter only and high seat height. The tour lasts approximately 4 hrs, depending how fast we ride. Not possible to ride this tour with a passenger. Price is $130 USD per person. It can be booked as a morning or afternoon ride, but needs to be booked in advance.
- Driver’s license for motorcycle.
- Personal travel insurance that covers you for this type of activity.
- Agreement and signature on risk document.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
What is included in this tour?Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Riding equipment (jacket, helmet, boots, pants, protectors and gloves).
- Adventure guide. English speaking
- Fuel for the bike.
- Basic third party insurance SOAT personal.
- Bikes : Honda XR400c.c used for off road tour .
What is not included in this tour?Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Meals, on the route (midday lunch).
- All entrance-fees for museums and parks.
- Personal expenses.
- Damage insurance for the motorcycle. $45 USD